Jesus Chooses His Holistic Small Group
John Paul Westin will continue our new teaching series “Jesus in the Midst of Small Groups” for the season of Epiphany teaching from Luke 6:12-26 on “Jesus Chooses His Holistic Small Group”.
Questions for Personal and Small Group Considerations on the Sunday Gospel Reading Luke 6:12-26
“Jesus Chooses His Holistic Small Group”
- What was one of the best teams you ever belonged to? Why was it so good?
- In the context of chapter 6, what is significant about Jesus calling these men?
What do you know about them? Who are brothers? Buddies? Antagonists?
- In 17-26, who is in the crowd? Why have they come? How does Jesus meet their
needs? How do his actions (vv. 18-19) relate to his teaching (vv. 20-22)?
- What four qualities ought to define "kingdom people" (vv. 20-22)? How would you
define each of these? What blessing is promised for each? Are these present
blessings or future blessings?
- Do you see God's blessings evident in members of your small group?