Justice, Only Justice, You Shall Pursue
We welcome back special guest Hans Weichbrodt from Sweden who will continue our new teaching series “Jesus in the Midst of Small Groups” for the season of Epiphany teaching from Deuteronomy 16:20 on “Justice, Only Justice.”
QUESTIONS FOR FURTHER CONSIDERATION OF LUKE 6:37-45
- Would you rather be a movie director or movie critic? Why?
- What activities does Jesus condemn and commend (vv. 37-38)? What might that have to do with his ideas of justice? What does the promise mean in this context (v. 38)?
- Does verse 37 say we must love others before God will love us? Why or why not?
- What is the point of this parable (vv. 39-40) in this context?
- How does the tree and its fruit (vv. 43-45) help you recognize a "kingdom person"? How does this relate to verses 37-42 and God's justice?