Kingdom Family: Prodigal Love
Andrew Glidden finishes up our summer series on Kingdom Parables sharing from Luke 15:11-31 on the prodigal son. With your Bible, look up the scripture and over the next week we invite you to sit down (by yourself or even better) with your small group, a friend, family member or soul-mate, and (think about) discuss the following questions:
1. Where were you in the birth order in your family- youngest, oldest, in the middle?
2. How old were you when you left home? Were you ready emotionally and spiritually to leave home?
3.Who was the “obedient one” in your family? The “wild one”?
4. From your perspective, what caused the younger son to leave home? Was he ready?
5. If you had been his father, would you have given him his inheritance early?
6. If you had been the father, would you have gone to look for the son in “a far country”?
7. What caused the younger son to “come to his senses”?
8. Do you think the father was wise in throwing a party when the son returned?
9. What prevented the older brother from coming to the homecoming party?
10. Of the two brothers which one reminds you of your story?
11. In your spiritual pilgrimage, what do you identify as your “far country” time? Where are you right now in your spiritual pilgrimage?
12. If you had to go to one of the brothers with a deep personal problem, who would you choose?
13. What is it going to take to get you to “the party”?