Parable of the Ten Young Bridesmaids
John Paul Westing shares on the Parable of the Ten Young Bridesmaids teaching from Matthew 25:1-13. Take out your Bible and look up the scripture. Over the next week, we invite you to sit down (by yourself or even better) with your small group, a friend, family member or soul-mate, and (think about) discuss the following questions:
- Who are you most like in this story?
- What makes some of the bridesmaids “wise” and others “foolish”?
- What would you call the refusal of the wise bridesmaids to share their oil: selfish? shrewd? unfair? justified? other?
- How does it make you feel to know the door to the kingdom gets closed for some?
- At the final wedding banquet, where will you be standing? Why?
- What is the “oil” that keeps your “lamp” lit?