John Paul Westin shares on Kingdom Celebrations - The parable of the Lost Sheep and the Lost Coin from Luke 15:1-10.
Do you ever remember losing a very precious possession? What did it feel like? Did you ever lose and then find a precious item? What did that feel like?
Over the next week we invite you to sit down (by yourself or even better) with your small group, a friend, family member or soul-mate, and (think about) discuss the following questions:
- In these parables who is in Jesus’ audience? How do they respond to him?
- How does Jesus’ parable of the sheep relate to the muttering of the Pharisees?
- What is Jesus’ point in verse 7?
- How do you picture the woman searching for her money (vv. 8-9)? What is Jesus’ point here?
- Have you ever strayed from the Christian faith? How did God bring you back?
- How do these stories make you feel about your value to God?
- How could these stories affect your relationship with those you know who wander from the Lord?