The Two Sons
Carolyn Westin shares this week from Luke 21:28-32 on the parable of "Two Sons." After listening to Carolyn's teaching, you can ponder these questions.
As a child, what kind of worker were you? How often did your parents have to yell to get you to work? Today we hear Jesus tell the story about two boys who were asked to help out. It is one of his parables of the kingdom, which means it is about how we access the kingdom of God, and enter into the work God has for us, or not.
Over the next week we invite you to sit down (by yourself or even better) with your small group, a friend, family member or soul-mate, and (think about) discuss the following questions:
- What links this parable to what happens just before it in Mt 21:23-27, where Jesus’ authority is questioned?
- What is the father’s request? What does each son say and do?
- What group (in vv.23-27) is like which son? How?
- How do you suppose the religious leaders felt about this story?
- How is this about your kingdom and the kingdom of God?
- Which son’s story is most like your own? Why?