Growing into Christlikeness
John Paul Westin continues our series teaching from Colossians 3:1-17. To be a disciple of Christ is to put on the nature of Christ and become like him. When we observe the character of Jesus in the Gospels we see that central to his work was an understanding of the value of people. We must learn to look at others through Jesus’ eyes and to pray that the divine passion for people will be formed in our hearts. Concrete, Spirit-empowered actions embody this passion for those around us.
Holy Experiment – Hospitality Praying for our Enemies
- What motto would you give to the life of Jesus?
- Share one experience of receiving hospitality that meant a great deal to you?
- How do you feel about the emphasis on non-retaliation in the teachings of Jesus?
- “Disorganized good offers weak opposition to organized evil.” Discuss.
- What are your plans to grow into Christlikeness?